Welcome to the official website of The Oxford IV 2017!
The Oxford Inter-Varsity Debating Competition, hosted by the world-famous Oxford Union, is one of the largest and most prestigious debating competitions on the IONA university circuit, and indeed globally.
This year, the Oxford IV will take place on the 10th and 11th November 2017, and will include:
- Five preliminary rounds of 7 minute speeches, breaking to Quarter Finals, ESL Semi Finals and novice Grand Final
- Unbeatable judging led by a CA team of outstanding calibre, experienced at the highest levels of international debating
- All Grand Finals hosted in the famous Oxford Union Chamber
- 140 team cap
- Introductory debating workshops led by our world-class CA team
- Novice Grand Final and Best Novice Speaker prize
The main round of registration has now concluded. Teams may still register, but they will be added to a long waiting list.
If you have any queries which this website doesn’t answer, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. You can also find our Facebook page here.